The content of the article
- 1 Types of corner curtains
- 2 Tips for choosing curtains
- 3 Curtain rods
- 4 DIY curtain installation
For a modern person, the bathroom is not just a place for maintaining personal hygiene, it is a corner for relieving stress and relaxation, because water soothes and relieves the tension that accumulates during the day. Therefore, many try to make this place as comfortable, convenient and private as possible, which is facilitated by a corner curtain in the bathroom. It is a universal solution for many types of bathtubs, as it saves room space and creates a feeling of unity between a person and himself and his thoughts.
And from a purely practical point of view, it allows you to avoid water splashing out of the bathtub. In addition, the variety of materials and unusual design solutions make them simply necessary for a comfortable and beautiful bathroom.
Types of corner curtains
In addition to the wide variety of colors, corner curtains differ from each other in the materials from which they are made.
Polyethylene is a fairly popular material for the manufacture of various interior items. It is quite practical and low cost. A shower curtain for a bathroom made of polyethylene has a number of advantages:
- presence of original colors;
- various models;
- affordable prices.
Don't forget that low prices often reflect the quality of the product. The disadvantages of such curtains are:
- rapid wear;
- accumulation of dirt and mold formation on the surface.
In addition, they very often cannot withstand the pressure of water that splashes during a shower, since they are very light in texture.
[note]The low cost of polyethylene curtains allows you to change them quite often. This can be done not only when old curtains wear out, but also as soon as there is a desire to change the interior of the bathroom. [/note]
Vinyl curtains are more practical and durable, and also have other additional advantages:
- easy to clean;
- have a special surface that prevents the formation of mold, the accumulation of dirt and the appearance of stains;
A type of corner curtains, which are made either using a powerful frame made of PVC, wood, or without a frame, but from solid materials. Glass is mainly used as a solid material. Curtains made of glass are the most convenient to use due to the following number of advantages:
- reliable protection against splashing or splashing water onto the floor;
- easy to clean (they are easy to clean, do not accumulate dirt and mold, and do not leave stains);
- strength and durability.
[note]For each interior, you can choose glass of a certain color, and also choose the level of transparency. The surface of the glass has a special protective film that repels dirt and water. [/note]
Sliding glass curtains for bathrooms are especially popular. They are most often used in small bathrooms and are structures consisting of several sashes. When opening or closing the curtain, all the flaps alternately fold in the form of an “accordion”. Thanks to their plasticity, they are ideal for even bathtubs with the most intricate shapes.
Fabric curtains are no less bright than polyethylene ones, but are more durable and easy to care for. The main advantages of such curtains are:
- strong and durable material;
- wide range of colors;
- treatment with an antibacterial solution;
- waterproof due to impregnation with solution;
- light weight, easy installation.
The 170 cm fabric bath curtain is the most standard size and fits most baths.
[note]Polyester, which serves as the basis for fabric curtains, is environmentally friendly. When choosing such curtains, you can forget about allergies and the formation of various microorganisms on the surface.[/note]
Tips for choosing curtains
In order to choose a suitable curtain for a bath, you must be guided by 3 principles:
- Size. There are several main sizes of curtains: 120-150-170-180. They are selected depending on the individual dimensions of the bath.
- Material. You need to choose material for curtains based on your budget and personal preferences.
- Bathroom design. Curtains serve as an excellent addition and decoration to the interior, so you should choose a color scheme based on the colors of the other elements of the room, in particular the tiles.
Materials for the production of rods
The most reliable material for making rods is metal. Metal rods:
- They have a solid structure.
- They go perfectly with the interior of the room and the design of the curtains.
- Easy to install.
There are several forms of rods:
- Rectangular - looks good in large baths, where space allows you to hang the curtains on one line.
- Corner – is the optimal solution for compact baths. A corner curtain for the bathroom allows you to profitably use the space of the room and completely isolate the bathroom itself.
- Round – designed for very compact bathrooms or for interesting design ideas.
[note]In order to do the installation yourself, you need to choose reliable rods and fastenings that match the curtains not only in color, but also in size.[/note]
DIY curtain installation
The complexity of installation depends on the type of curtains chosen. The easiest to install are polyethylene, fabric and vinyl. A folding, sliding glass curtain requires great skill and dexterity when installing.
For DIY installation you will need:
It is better to take all necessary measurements in advance and apply appropriate markings to the surface of the walls and bathtub.
[note]When designing fixtures, be sure to take into account the location of the mixer to avoid splashing water on the floor.[/note]
The main stages of installing light curtains
Installation of such curtains is not difficult and consists of three stages:
- Places for mounting the rod on 2 walls are marked.
- Using a drill, fasteners are installed and screws are tightened.
- The curtains are hung on a rod, which is then installed in prepared mounts.
The main stages of installing rigid types of curtains
The installation steps for hard types look like this:
- Preparing the surface of walls and bathtubs, removing dirt and foreign objects.
- Assembling the main curtain frame. First, the frame is connected using a screwdriver, then the curtains themselves, made of plastic or glass, are inserted into it.
- Installation of a profile for fastening the frame. The location of the profile fastening is marked in accordance with the dimensions of the frame.
- Treating the joints of the profile and the bath with sealant to prevent water leakage.
- Installation of the frame into the profile and fastening of all additional accessories.
[note]The protective film from the curtain flaps is removed only after it is completely installed. The film helps protect the glass surface from scratches and damage.[/note]
Certain difficulties may arise when choosing curtains for an acrylic bathroom, because such sanitary ware itself can have quite complex shapes and bizarre outlines. Accordingly, the process of installing curtains will be somewhat more complicated than on bathtubs of standard shapes.
Selecting and installing curtains for the bathroom is not difficult. A wide variety of models, bright colors, interesting design finds allow you to make your bathroom a real paradise. Various types of curtains - from fabric to glass - will satisfy the needs of even the most sophisticated and demanding lovers of beauty.